In collaboration with the Marketing & Relationships team in Headquarters (HQ), raise interest and private funding for Medair’s humanitarian programmes. Manage a portfolio of supporters and potential supporters to sustainably generate significant income. Initiate and develop new fundraising relationships. Plan and implement fundraising and development initiatives (products, events, etc.) to engage and build profitable relationship with supporters and potential supporters.
Medair HQ provides operational guidance for country programmes and activities, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes. Our headquarters teams are also responsible for recruiting international and HQ staff, and like our field teams, we are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care.
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired and motivated by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure. Internationally recruited field and headquarters staff lead the organisation, supported by nationally recruited staff to implement programmes locally.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
As soon as possible
Initial Contract Details
Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
Existing Fundraising Relationships
- Build positive and sustainable face-to-face relationship with existing “mid-tier” supporters (individuals, foundations and companies).
- Review and develop strategy and plans to optimally steward relationships in Romandie.
- Present Medair, programmes, projects, products and other funding opportunities including legacies.
- Develop fundraising products, events and field visits to engage supporters and potential supporters.
- In collaboration within programmes and finance staff, compile compelling, bespoke project summaries, presentations, proposals and reports based on field information.
New Fundraising Relationships
- Build positive and sustainable face-to-face relationship with potential supporters (individuals, foundations and companies).
- Research new potential relationships, including working with existing supporters to initiate and develop new relationships in their networks.
- Attend relevant events for networking purposes and get in contact with prospects.
- Introduce Medair and our mission to targeted new individuals and organisations and attract new support.
- In collaboration with Relationships team, organise and attend innovative events to consolidate existing relationships and attract new relationships.
- Manage all aspects of communications with relationships under management in Romandie.
- Maintain appropriate records of interactions and outcomes, using fundraising Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and others.
International Headquarters - Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts.
- Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
- Instigate and contribute to prayer times within internationally recruited staff and HQ teams.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and HQ prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
- University degree in relevant subject: Professional fundraising / Marketing, Sales, Account or Wealth management / Project management.
- Strong working knowledge of French and English (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of German (spoken and written) an asset.
Experience / Competencies
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising / marketing / sales.
- Experience in developing high value relationships.
- Experience in the private sector.
- Experience of CRM / sales management software.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- People-oriented, relational, excellent networking and influencing skills.
- Commitment to discretion and confidentiality.
- Works well in a multicultural environment and under pressure.
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of hours worked at moments of crisis and opportunity.
Profiles sought for InternationalHeadquarters staff
- Experienced Relief Workers and those without field experience.
- Experienced professionals in a relevant Medair
sector of expertise.
- Overseas intercultural work experience desirable.
- Fully committed to the
Medair values; to reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts.
- Able to work in a multicultural team.
- Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Staff
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Annual leave; Accident insurance and pension.
- Death and disability insurance; Health insurance for loss of earnings.
- A motivating work environment.
- The opportunity to work in a Christian organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
- Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the
Medair organisational values.
- Then please fill out your application for this position via the
apply buttons on this page. Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications.
Only English-language applications and CVs will be reviewed.
Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.