Product Market Research Business Partner (m/f)
The global market research team is organised in three areas: 1) Market & Competitive Insights, 2) Customer Insights with a focus on brand and customer experience research 3) Customer Insights with a focus on product and innovation research.
The Customer Insights product and innovation research team acts as a true business partner to the business units, getting involved in early stages of the complete life-cycle of a product, from R&D to market introduction and beyond. This involvement is proactive and impacts business decisions regarding new product development or current product improvement based on deep customer understanding.
In this role you will be part of a team of three business partners and you will report directly to the Head of the Corporate Market Research department.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Ownership and development of all global Product & Innovation Research activities for the assigned business units
- Selection of appropriate market research methods according to business needs and further shaping and improvement of these methods
- Translation of market research results into insights and discussion with senior management to provide relevant business recommendation
- Selection and management of external partners (typically market research agencies), including negotiation of service levels and fees
- Close cooperation with key stakeholders at the corporate headquarter as well as in the regional market organisations
Industrial Corporation with international footprint
Mid senior Product Market Research professional with corporate background
We are looking for mid-senior market research professional with 4 to 5 years of experience in similar role at corporate level with international scope.
There is a preference for a background in product market research/insights on industrial B2B products, but we would consider as well relevant candidates with a background in the consumer goods sector or candidates coming from best-in-class market research agencies.
In terms of education we are looking for candidates with a Master's degree in business administration, marketing, economics or market research.
- Strong expertise in different market research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative
- Solid business understanding, with passion for (internal) customers and proactivity towards their needs and priorities. This would include the ability to transform business questions into research questions and to translate research findings into business recommendations.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills with attention to detail
- Strong team player with a high amount of empathy and excellent influencing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to transfer insights while making complex topics simple
- Outstanding negotiation and convincing skills
We are looking for a high-performer in a complex international business environment that can prioritise and manage pressure, somebody who keeps the big picture in mind while still manages details.
The hired candidate should be a pragmatic, results oriented person, with drive and energy. Somebody with the potential and ambition to further grow in the market research organisation and in the company.
The position requires national and international business travelling, thus a high willingness to travel is desired.
The business language of the department is English, excellent spoken and written English skills are a must for the role. Additional languages would be a plus.
Our client is a leading multinational industrial company with a global footprint.
We offer a market research position with impact on the product road-map, part of high-performance team within a global organisation at the corporate headquarters.