Category Buyer (m/w)
In this role, you will be reporting to the senior category manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Sourcing indirect materials and services and participating in the development and execution of global procurement strategy
- Understanding the categories, analysing the market, preparing sourcing strategy, using RFP process, negotiating, implementing, and tracking results.
- Identifying, gaining commitment, and implementing profit improvement opportunities to create structural and sustained cost advantages
- Developing "should cost" financial and predictive modelling tools to assist with decision making
- Providing forward looking guidance on trends, threats, and opportunities throughout the complete value/supply chain
- Creating contingency plans
- Building positive relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Supporting new supplier qualifications to expand supply base
- Utilising e-sourcing technologies (i.e. reverse auctions, Internet research, Ariba, etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with safety and responsible care programs
Global and dynamic company
Strong exposure to indirect categories
For this key position we are looking for an indirect category expert with great organisational skills and strong background in managing various categories.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing within a similar industry
- University degree (Bachelor and/or Master in Business Administration) in business administration, purchasing, or a similar field - technical education background is preferred
- Indirect materials & services purchasing experience: IT, MRO, Energy, Travel, Telephone, Fleet, Logistics, Services, etc.
- Experience in global contracts and pricing management
- Ability to work effectively in a geographically distributed organisation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in one or more other European languages are preferred.
- Excellent organisation capabilities and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
Our client is a leading global conglomerate with their operations based in Zurich. For their corporate headquarters, we are searching for a category buyer for IT and Travel.
Our client offer a dynamic and highly international working environment with great opportunities to grow within the group.