Buyer - Raw Materials (m/w)
The successful candidate is responsible for contracting the right supplier, securing timely delivery of quality products against competitive pricing and maintaining data integrity in used corporate systems.
- Achieve annual material cost reductions and ensure on-time launches for new product developments. This will involve constant contact with the existing supply base, evaluating new potential suppliers, organising supplier meetings, visiting suppliers, re-sourcing activities and permanent negotiations.
- Ensuring all active purchase items have an active source within a given commodity group.
- Lead sourcing activities for defined commodities, mainly destined for the European, region focusing on an effective supply base.
- Managing and driving individual and team re-sourcing activities (from negotiations to product approval to purchase orders).
- Support defining most beneficial initiatives in line with commodity & growth strategy.
- Cross-functional team work with our production plants, material planning, product management, quality, finance and regional procurement organisation.
- Planning for smooth transitions from existing to new suppliers.
- Support of cross-functional teams.
- Improve working capital impact (payment term increases, pay-on-consumption / consignment stock).
- Improve customer satisfaction by developing a dedicated supply base.
Global and dynamic company
Strong procurement footprint within Europe
For this highly promising role, a successful applicant provides a similar background and skill set to below-mentioned criteria as well as experience and willingness to grow and to be challenged with a global conglomerate:
- Business Degree with focus in Economics/Purchasing or adequate alternative degree(s).
- 2 to 4 years of experience in purchasing of goods (FMCG industry background would be an asset).
- Strong negotiator with experience in sourcing.
- Experience in TCO analyses, risk management, supplier relationship management, and sustainable sourcing.
- Solid technical knowledge including ability to challenge technical teams for reaching corporate commercial targets.
- Six Sigma qualification would be an asset.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and German language skills are mandatory.
- Strong oral and written French language skills strongly preferred.
- Highly advanced Microsoft Office skills and other ERP systems know-how is appreciated.
Our client is a global and leading player in food industry with operations in eastern Switzerland. For their team we are currently recruiting a Buyer for raw materials (food).
Our client offers a strong career development within its multinational and global footprint.