New Product Introduction Leader
For one of our Client, a Pharmaceutical Company based in Canton de Vaud, we are looking for a:
New Product Introduction Leader
Temporary position- Switzerland
The job purpose of the NPI Leader is to lead and manage all supply chain related actives to deliver the innovation pipeline. The job holder will work with Commercial, R&D, and manufacturing sites (including 3 rdparty manufacturers) in a matrix team and will be the main point of accountability in the supply chain for product innovation
The Job Purpose:
- The NPI Leader will be responsible for generating the supply plan for new product introduction and ensuring the supply chain is ready for manufacturing. Key focus will be on product sourcing decisions, manufacturing strategy, cost of goods, capital investment, and risk management.
- The NPI Leader will represent the supply chain in cross-functional Joint Planning Sessions to generate milestones for new product launches and provide progress updates against key deliverables at core team meetings.
- The NPI Leader will champion Quality by Design (QbD) and Design to Value (DtV) in the development ofrobust and cost effective formulations and processes. The job holder will work with R&D on tech transfer of new products, processes, and testing methodology meeting the required standards of quality and process capability.
- The NPI Leader will be responsible for the manufacturing sections of the Product Innovation Brief and the Design Intent Document. The NPI Leader also needs to ensure that technical and business requirements, particularly around defining performance characteristics, criteria for acceptance, cost, and risks are properly captured in order to make go/no go decisions for product launch.
- The NPI Leader is expected work with the Portfolio Optimization Leader and Value Engineering Leader on product life cycle management. This will include: support of detailed analysis of the product portfolio, review of cost saving opportunities, make recommendations to the PMB (and other governance bodies) for portfolio simplification and value engineering initiatives.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure timely launch of new product in accordance with the Product Innovation Briefs (IB) and Design Intent Documents (DID) for the assigned portfolio of products.
- Lead functional and cross-functional NPI teams to co-ordinate and manage product supply plans.
- Resource the NPI team with appropriate skills sets and capability.
- Represent the supply chain in the project core project teams.
- Ensure that the supply chain e2e milestones are correctly set within the overall project timelines.
- Create the supply chain granular plan and have full accountability for its successful implementation to ensure the on-time and quality launch of new products.
- M onitored milestone progress against the plan and communicate process or deviations in core team meetings.
- Generate the Product Lifecycle Supply Brief’s for internal and external supply options. Work with Manufacturing Strategy on technology assessments and sourcing evaluations.
- Work with Quality to ensure all new material suppliers and third party contractors are approved for supply.
- Provide Technical support to key acquisitions as part of due diligence on assigned projects
- Ensure appropriate targets are set within the Innovation Brief to deliver gross margins of product ideally in excess of 70%, unless otherwise agreed.
- Manage the cost of goods to meet agreed commercial target as per the Innovation Brief.
- Manage change control submissions to PMB for deviations from agreed targets.
- Work with Procurement to ensure maximum leverage is applied to purchasing raw material, components and equipment.
- Ensure capital investment is timely and accurately identified, secured, and implemented in accordance with agreed budgets
- A degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Extensive technical experience in the Consumer Healthcare industry and specific knowledge in the manufacturing of solid dosage forms.
- Advanced degree or qualification or post graduate diploma
- Capability to develope knowlodege at advanced level and provide useful additional skills to team