To join our multinational biotechnology client, we are currently actively looking for a
Start date:as soon as possible
The position is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies to the business by reducing risk, improving quality, and reducing costs. This includes leading cross-functional teams & interfacing with key internal clients to understand their sourcing needs, performing market research, devising sourcing strategies, and executing including the sourcing execution and negotiation of contracts.
- Develop sourcing strategies within assigned category. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and sourcing strategy creation from these two pieces of due diligence.
- Execution of sourcing strategies. This performing all business-related functions of the sourcing initiative, negotiating contracts, and transitioning to the business units for physical implementation.
- Supplier relationship management. This includes development of key performance indicators for the category of spend and supporting key operational due diligence efforts.
- Category maintenance. Contract life-cycle management (eg, renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (eg, refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Inventory Management: management of specified inventories at specified manufacturing locations
- Collaboratively conducts work/projects aligning goals with project teams and company strategies
- Works independently toward goals and objectives of the organization. Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective.
- Experience negotiating contracts and working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting structures;
- Minimum of 3-5 year experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field;
- Master degree in purchasing desirable;
- English language required;
- Specialized technical expertise in one or more of the following areas (operations, supply chain, biotech/pharma, GMP’s, sourcing, business acumen);
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit clients that the category supports (many of which are technical in nature);
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems;
- Accountable for the development and implementation of solutions.
We are looking forward to receiving within your application:
- your CV in English
- latest Work Certificates
- your Motivation Letter
- the date of your availability
Apply now to be considered – Good to know you!
For more information and your application, please contact:
Professionals Life Sciences Recruiter
Randstad (Suisse) SA
T: +41 58 201 55 60