Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Data Scientist (Java, Hadoop, NoSQL, Python)
Skills:Data Scientist, Java, Hadoop, NoSQL, Python
For our client, one of the largest brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic Data Scientist with strong knowledge of enterprise technologies and data analytics to join a newly created team for a 12 month rolling contract in Zurich starting ASAP with a strong potential for extension.
As the successful candidate you will support a new project running for the next two years as part of a “prototype lab”. Working in a small team of highly qualified individuals the the project has two goals:
- Creation of a web service that integrates a 3rd party with the bank. Through this integration layer, the 3rd party will be able to request a number of services on a global level, such as getting anonymised position data from the bank as well as pushing back orders internally
- A control room that oversees the data flowing through the aforementioned web service integration layer. This control room will enable the bank to properly control and optimize the flow from a technical perspective as well as derive valuable business insights based on the data flowing through the integration layer.
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications and fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
- Strong data analytics experience and knowledge – ideally certified (e.g. Master / PhD / Udacity nanodegree / …)
- Deep technical knowledge on enterprise integration patterns, architectures, technologies and ability to implement them
- Good experience with JSON, REST, SOA etc
- Knowledge of Hadoop or kafka
- Experience with NoSQL – MongoDB / Cassandra
- Familiarity with samza / spark /storm / …
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning experience and knowledge nice to have
- Knowledge of Scala, R or Python
- Strong very strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication skills in English and desire to work with business users
Applications from recent university graduates are also welcome as well.
Contact person:Tim Williams