Temporary Research Technician / Scientific Associate
Temporary Research Technician / Scientific Associate - (160000GA)
About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world – including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of Temporary Research Technician / Scientific Associate, based in Allschwil.
- Characterizing compounds using established pharmacokinetic in vivo (rodents) assays
- Independent data analysis and contributing to data evaluation
- Documenting experiments in an electronic laboratory journal
- Generating and maintaining biological material according to the lab's needs
- Maintaining lab and equipment operational, clean and safe according to company rules and regulations
- Apprenticeship as laboratory technician or equivalent education
- Certification to work with laboratory animals recognized in Switzerland (LTK1 or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience of at least 1-2 years in performing in vivo (rodents) studies
- Hands-on experience of 1-2 years in performing surgery in rodents
- Able to perform experiments in a precise and reliable manner
- Capable to applying software programs for data analysis
- Well organized and able to handle several tasks/assays in parallel
- Basic knowledge of pharmacokinetic principles is an advantage
- Good knowledge of standard software and interest in computer- supported processes
- Good command of written and oral English
- Fast learner and capable to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability and flexibility to work in a small team
- Track record of good team behaviors and effective communication
What Actelion Offers
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization
- The innovative and stimulating atmosphere of a multicultural environment
The research facilities are located in Allschwil, Switzerland, a suburb of Basel on the borders of France and Germany.
Primary Location: CH-BL-Allschwil
Job: Clinical Development
Job Type: Temporary Work
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016