Global Strategic Sourcing Leader
Global Strategic Sourcing Leader - (160000IH)
About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world – including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of Global Strategic Sourcing Leader, based in Allschwil.
Under the direction of the Head, Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS), this is an opportunity to provide leadership and subject matter expertise to GSS, ensuring effective support of its customers’ sourcing needs.
- Lead and oversee Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and Flexible Resourcing sourcing operations and strategy
- Lead and provide oversight of Actelion sourcing alliances. Provide alliance management for complex and critical service categories to ensure maximum value of partnerships (category management, subject matter expertise, development of innovative sourcing solutions and strategies, lead and manage governance committees and development of performance management standards and metrics)
- Ensure standardization compliance across global sourcing strategy platforms for FSP, flexible resourcing, Clinical Research Organization (CRO) services and all other clinical outsourcing services.
- Senior representation of GSS at governance meetings
- Lead, develop and implement efficiency initiatives within a global cross functional environment while collaborating with senior management
- Oversight and management of GSS metric reporting to support the company’s benchmarking and GSS performance management
- Negotiate complex contracts, master services and enterprise agreements to ensure business and financial risk mitigation while ensuring high value and quality through collaboration with finance, legal and other relevant functional areas
- Identify and manage CROs, central laboratories and technical External Service Providers (ESPs) to provide strategic sourcing options for successful trial delivery and to ensure the delivery of quality, timely and cost-effective external resources to support global activities. Ensure all sourcing (clinical outsourcing and internal resourcing) activities are conducted in a manner that conforms to an ethical process as well as adherence to all applicable internal and external compliance standards, processes and guidelines.
- Drive the development, negotiation and timely execution of confidentiality agreements and ESP contracts, ensuring a quality, risk averse, cost effective outcome through collaboration with study teams, finance, legal and other relevant functional areas
- Functional line management and development of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in life sciences or related field
- At least 7 years experience in clinical research with a CRO, pharmaceutical company or equivalent
- At least 3 years functional line management experience in a multi-cultural sourcing environment inclusive of mentorship and training experience
- At least 5 years experience in clinical outsourcing, strategic sourcing, contractor management and ESP management. Additional experience in implementation and management of multi-service FSPs, Business Process Outsourcing (BPOs) and enterprise solutions
- At least 2 years global alliance management experience, consisting of development and leadership of global resourcing strategy management platforms inclusive of FSP, flexible resources, BPOs etc, providing governance, performance and category management expertise
- Advanced understanding of the clinical development process, provider selection, cost drivers, innovative resourcing and costing models
- Advanced experience in negotiation and implementation of Master Services Agreements inclusive of enterprise solutions, discount and incentive models
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, decision making and collaborative skills, ability to successfully interact with senior management and drive business decisions and strategy across functional areas
- Advanced knowledge of principles of corporate governance, sourcing business and compliance practices, processes and requirements
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and project management experience
- Conflict management experience with ability to effect efficient and sustained issue resolution with internal and external customers
- Excellent presentation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What Actelion Offers
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization
- The innovative and stimulating atmosphere of a multicultural environment
The research facilities are located in Allschwil, Switzerland, a suburb of Basel on the borders of France and Germany.
Primary Location: CH-BL-Allschwil
Job: Clinical Development
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016