About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world – including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of Senior Manager/ Associate Director, Global Commercial Insights, based in Allschwil.
The Global Commercial Insights incumbent is the first point of contact for the Global Strategic Marketing Team. S/he designs and leads strategic commercial insights initiatives with a focus on one or several products or brands. S/he drives a deep understanding of the customer and market dynamics and plays an influential role in the organization guiding decision making. S/he is a trusted and valued strategic partner for the Global Strategy Marketing team and the Regions by proactively identifying global challenges and opportunities, and applying Business Analytics (BA), Competitive Intelligence (CI) and Marketing Research (MR) to recommend actionable solutions. S/he will also work closely with the Director Global Commercial Insights to identify and implement best practices driving customers centricity & innovation.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Products in line or in development (70-80%) with a focus on prostacyclins including Uptravi/Selexipag
- Proactively identify critical business challenges & opportunities for major contributors to the company’s revenues, define the knowledge gaps and recommend the most relevant Global Insights program (MR, CI, BA) delivering a deep understanding of the customers, competitors, products and current/future market developments
- Lead the Global Insights program (primary MR & CI) from RFP design, selection of the external partner(s), project management, delivery of the recommendations, to the activation of the recommendations
- Ensure coordination & alignment of the Global Insights program across global, regional, and local teams
- Incorporate other multiple data sources such as BA and CI (primary & secondary) in order to provide a comprehensive market & customers insights perspective
- Leverage the Global Business Analytic tools (e.g. Dashboard) and inform their further development
- Deliver recommendations on marketing strategies based on the insights program through relevant and actionable insights to different levels of stakeholders (internal & external stakeholders)
- Embed the activation of the recommendations through effective communication (incl. presentation to Top Management), and regular follow ups with the key stakeholders
- Other Critical Business Activities (20-30%)
- Actively champion customers centricity: identification of forums to embed customers & market insights, of potential partners enabling the activation of these insights, etc.
- Stay abreast of the most innovative practices in the insights arena (healthcare & fast consumer goods industry), and identify opportunities for pilot
- Partner with the GSM team to manage the budget of the Global Insights program
- Manage effectively the secondary market intelligence resources (incl. IRIS)
- Ensure compliance with the MR Code of Conduct in place by actively managing the AMAR database & requests
- Life Science and/or Economics/Social Science/Business Master Degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in market research function in pharmaceutical company or similar experience in consultancy or market research agency
- Prior experience in international environment
- Ability to develop and structure compelling high profile business solutions, combined with a hands-on, results driven attitude
- Driven, successful, bright marketer with a passion for delivering best practice across the business
- Ability to intellectually challenge and negotiate to global brand team level
- Entrepreneurial with minimal managerial direction
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical & project management skills
- Pride in representing the customer’s voice
- Challenges status quo appropriately
- Keen analytical mind with superior problem solving skills, solid knowledge and understanding of various market research methodologies, and experience with business analytics
- Previous exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, incl. specialty care markets, and across the product / brand development continuum
- Confident and effective facilitation of discussions with groups at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural, cross functional, matrix organization
- Proven ability to influence and to convince business partners
- English: fluent, spoken and written (must), additional languages are an advantage
- Professional use of the Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
What Actelion Offers
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization
- The innovative and stimulating atmosphere of a multicultural environment
The research facilities are located in Allschwil, Switzerland, a suburb of Basel on the borders of France and Germany.