Temporary Scientific Associate
Temporary Scientific Associate - (160000I0)
About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world – including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of Temporary Scientific Associate, based in Allschwil.
- Design and perform pharmacological studies in rodents (rats and mice) to evaluate the efficacy of novel CNS drug candidates
- Perform surgeries (e.g., stereotaxic surgery, implantation of electrodes and telemetry transmitters) in rats and mice
- Actively contribute to the set up of new animal models for neurological disorders
- Take and prepare biological samples (cerebrospinal fluid, blood, brain) for ex vivo analyses
- Responsible for the efficient planning, detailed analysis and accurate documentation of experiments and presentation of results in a multidisciplinary environment
Lab technician in neurobiology with BSc or MS
Strong experience in in vivo biology/neurobiology (rodents behavioral pharmacology, stereotaxic surgery)
Recognized as an animal experimenter (LTK1 or equivalent)
Ability to plan, methodically perform, carefully analyze, accurately document experiments and present results
Disposition or readiness to use new software
Scientifically curious, willingness to learn new techniques and skills
Flexible and motivated to work in a team
Excellent knowledge of English (verbal and written), additional knowledge of French or German is considered a plus
Good communication skills in a multicultural
What Actelion Offers
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization
- The innovative and stimulating atmosphere of a multicultural environment
The research facilities are located in Allschwil, Switzerland, a suburb of Basel on the borders of France and Germany.
Primary Location: CH-BL-Allschwil
Job: Drug Discovery
Job Type: Temporary Work
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2016