Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Axpo. Full of energy in Switzerland and in Europe.
The Axpo Group, headquartered in Switzerland, produces, trades and distributes energy reliably for more than 3 million people and several thousand companies in over 20 countries throughout Europe. More than 4000 employees combine the expertise from 100 years of climate-friendly power production with innovative strength for a sustainable energy future. With its Trading & Sales business Axpo is an international leader in energy trading and in the development of tailor-made energy solutions for its customers.
The Risk Management & Valuation department of Axpo Trading & Sales has critical responsibilities related to measurement and management of various risks (Market, Credit etc.), reporting, modelling and valuation. The team is mostly located in Switzerland, but – along with Axpo’s business – we are enhancing our international footprint.
As part of this development, we are building up a team of Risk Analysts which will be located in Warsaw, but will be an integral part of the existing Risk team.
We are looking for a bright and communicative self-starter as
• Perform daily analysis and reporting of P&L and risk measures
• Enhance the framework, processes and tools for risk management and reporting
• Perform in-depth analyses of selected topics for various stakeholders in the company
• Analyze complex transactions and assess their risk profile
• Drive and test new system implementations (reporting systems, accounting etc.)
• Perform stress testing (scenario development, results analysis)
• Perform various activities pertaining to IFRS-accounting (evaluation of replacement values, IFRS 7 reporting)
• Travel requirements: there will be a few weeks introduction time in Switzerland, afterwards occasional travel
• University degree with top grade in a field such as Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other with a sound numerical background
• Knowledge of applied statistical & financial methods and modelling; Knowledge of Accounting is also an asset
• Solid understanding of financial instruments (Futures, Swaps, Forwards, Options) and their valuation
• Experience in financial risk management and/or energy/commodity trading sector is beneficial
• Advanced user of Excel; Programming skills and knowledge of statistical tools (e.g. R) are a plus
• Fluent in English, German is an asset
• Eager to learn and to develop a broad knowledge in Energy Trading and Risk Management
• Self-starter able to work with little supervision, good team player
We provide you: