Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Software Test Engineer
Job Title:Software Test EngineerRegion:EMEA
Area of Interest:Engineer - Software
Level of Experience:Entry Level
Flexible Work Option:Yes
Job Description:The Team
The Wireless Technology group develops the Next Generation Wireless Network Solution. Cisco is a leader in WIFI market share, and we continue to innovate and add new types of WIFI solutions and services. Cisco has invested heavily on making WIFI work seamlessly across Cisco products. Your work will provide platforms for customer solution innovation and productivity.
Role and Responsibilities
Cisco is seeking a software engineer specialized in testing for the R&D team based in Switzerland. The selected candidate will be contribute to defining, architecting, implementing, testing and supporting wireless solutions on network operating systems running on routers and switches.
In particular, we are looking for expertise in software layers for wireless solutions, including MAC layer, wireless management, and 802.11. The role will include:
• Contribute to architecture, module interfaces and definitions.
• Deliver code, unit-test software modules and feature tests.
• Design and write test strategy and test plans.
• Write automation of test cases.
• Execute the test plan. Test on simulated and real hardware in typical customer sce-narios as well as stress and scale scenarios.
• Contribute to the automation of unit, integration, feature and system level testing.
• Plan, design, operate and improve continuous integration and automated testing systems; write, deliver and maintain tests for the toolset.
• Plan, implement, coordinate and participate to “Early Field Trials” with customers. The tasks could be any or many of: assisting with the triaging of issues, coordinat-ing with internals teams for bug resolution, testing with or testing for the customers.
• University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
• 2+ years of working experience in software industry or equivalent
We are looking for candidates with a passion for networking and who are motivated by working in a challenging and innovative environment.
• Strong software development skills in Python, Perl, etc.
• Knowledge of C/C++
• Solid networking knowledge in switching especially for the enterprise market seg-ment
• Good troubleshooting skills (network and system)
• Experience in system Linux administration is a plus
• Experience with open-source technologies (Linux, Eclipse), embedded software development, real-time programming experience is a plus
• Team player able to work with globally distributed teams with ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external)
• Proven problem-solving skills. Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation, in addition to a strong will and ability to solve problems, to adapt, and to take initiative
• Understanding of wireless protocols and systems in particular 802.11 family; exper-tise in implementing and deploying large scale Wi-Fi systems a plus
• Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
• Fluent in English; French would be an asset