Executive Director - Operational Risk Management and Internal Controls / EMEIA Financial Services
Executive Director – Operational Risk Management and Internal Controls / EMEIA Financial Services - ZUR000XU
EYis a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working worldfor our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us athttp://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our Financial Services Organizationis the only Big 4 firm with functional and cross-country specialization in the financial services sector, we offer our customers all over the world seamless, consistent and high quality services.
For our market leading Financial Services Risk ManagementTeam, we are looking for an experienced, motivated and highly committed executive director with more than 12 years of professional working and leadership experience in the Banking regulatory environment, with focus on Risk Governance, Operational Risk Management and Internal Controls.
As an E xecutive Directoryou will actively support our clients (primarily Banks ) in a national and international environment with the definition of their three line of defense models, the integration of Compliance and Operational Risk functions, the design and review of Operational Risk frameworks, the execution of Operational Risk Management and Internal Control projects.
- Lead project teams in identifying relevant topics/issues as well as elaborating and presenting pragmatic solutions to client executives
- Lead go-to-market activities such as development of thought leadership, identification of business opportunities as well as relationship management with key Compliance, Operational Risk Management and Internal Control executives
- Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities
- Deliver market leading knowledge of regulatory requirements in the Banking industry and apply it to client situations
- Report, present and communicate deliverables for client executives
- Work and grow in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment including both, national and international clients
- Be a positive messenger and representative of the firm
Your Profile to succeed together:
- University degree in Economics (or equivalent), additional Risk/Accounting (e.g. FRM, Chartered Accountant, CPA, CIA) relevant education on the job is an advantage
- Over 12 years of relevant experience in Risk Management, Risk Control or Audit in the banking/insurance industry (ideally both in line functions as well as in consultancy)
- Very strong knowledge in Swiss and/or International related regulation, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk control techniques
- Analytical skills to critically verify aspects and challenge documentation with an independent mind-set
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build networks and generate relationship-based sales
- Above average commitment and willingness to “move things ahead”
- Working knowledge of both English and German, French is a plus
We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EYin a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Raphael Keusch is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR000XU. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.GSA@ey.com / +41 58 286 33 66).