R&D Mechanical Engineer
You will contribute from the early development steps of our motion systems until the operation at our customers’ facilities to make the next generations of consumer electronics happen. A Mechanical Engineer is the one who takes under his responsibility the mechanical design of ETEL motions systems.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Take part during the conceptual design phase where it is about deciding the architecture to go for by selecting the kinematics of the motion system and adequately selecting the main components.
- Master a Finite Element Software, such as ANSYS to validate the concept and carry out the design trade-offs.
- Drive the final system design and to make it happen you collaborate with Mechanical Designers, Supply Chain Engineers and also External Suppliers. To bring this to a successful end you need a cost-oriented and manufacturability-oriented.
- Once the mechanical parts you released are sourced, you follow the final assembly of prototypes. You contribute to the continuous improvement of the assembly process. Your contributions are also necessary to understand the performance of these prototypes and then bring the necessary modifications, if any, to reach the desired performance.
- Collect the feedback from the prototype qualification, the assembly review and the suppliers selected. Based on this, you are responsible to update the product definition to be able to move it to series.
- Highly involved in the customers’ feedback during the series production phase, you are to bring the necessary modifications and extent the lifetime and bring new features to the initial design based on returns on experience.
- University degree (Master or PhD) in mechanical engineering.
- 5 years of industrial experience in mechanical design is an advantage.
- Very good knowledge in mechanical FEA with ANSYS or NASTRAN.
- Fluent in English, French is an advantage.
We are looking for
- An enthusiastic person, motivated about designing and building high-end direct drive systems.
- An organized, structured and rigorous person with strong analytical thinking, systematic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with proven success in performing under resources and time constraints.
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment.
- Competitive compensation & great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company.
- The opportunity to pursue a career fulfilling your potential through personal development and training.
If you are interested in this challenging role, please address cover letter, curriculum vitae, work certificates and diplomas to jobs document.write('');document.write('@');etel document.write('');document.write('.');ch or to the address below.
If you want to join a high-tech company, we are the one you are looking for! We are determined in building with you long-term engagement, career enrichment and development.