Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our Genedata Bioprocess™ product, an enterprise IT platform making biopharma development workflows more efficient and increasing process quality. Our customer base consists primarily of large pharmaceuticals, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), and biopharma generics companies (biosimilars). Genedata Bioprocess is primarily used by groups in cell line development, upstream and downstream bioprocess optimization (USP and DSP), as well as analytical and formulation development.
As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and scientific consulting projects.
This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software system. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
We are hiring for our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland. The position requires about 10% travel within Europe.
Work on customer service projects, including large enterprise system deployment projects, process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
• Conduct customer requirement analyses
• Functionally specify and document customer needs
• Plan and deliver training at customer sites
• Provide expert support and troubleshooting
• Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
• Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
• Coordinate with product managers, professional services and product development teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Master’s or Ph.D. degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
• In addition, you have already successfully managed larger, multi-group IT, technical, or scientific projects or delivered professional services in the life science industry.
• 2-4 years of experience in either biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or software industry
• Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
• Experience and talent at giving presentations
• Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ ADCs), protein expression and purification, bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
• Practical experience in software development, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are required, together with a good understanding of molecular biology concepts
• Hands-on experience with UNIX systems, Oracle databases, Java and scripting languages are advantageous
Genedata is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Munich, Boston, San Francisco, London and Tokyo.
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume or your CV and your motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the reference number CH-BIO-SAM.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.