Traineeship for the Social Marketing unit
Job opportunity - Geneva based – 100%
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
The Social Marketing Unit contributes to the positioning of the ICRC as a leader in the humanitarian field through the development and promotion of the ICRC's identity and global positioning on priority themes.
The post holder will support this effort by assisting in the development of perception/opinion research studies and other research initiatives from the field and at headquarters. She/he will also support ongoing campaigns managed by the unit.
- Assist marketing unit colleagues responsible for research projects
- Participate and contribute in planning primary research initiatives
- Contribute in drafting of research briefs and concept papers
- Contribute in drafting of questionnaires
- Set up of on-line surveys (Survey Monkey)
- Desk research on current best practices in primary research (methodology, rating scales, on-line survey providers, qualitative research etc)
- Desk research on issues of topicality and relevance to actual research projects (e.g. staff engagement, reputation management)
- Provide analysis of research data (excel tables, charts etc)
- Other support as required
Health Care in Danger:
- Assist communication focal point for the Health Care in Danger project
- Help identify priority contexts/countries and develop a calendar of events
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping which will serve as a basis to mobilize other organizations and relevant actors in priority contexts and countries
- Support the implementation of the Time to Act campaign
- Support the development of alert and broadcast messages for the HCiD online platform
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in research, communication, public relations or related field.
- Academic training in market research techniques
- Experience working for a humanitarian organisation.
- Strong analytical capacity
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research approaches
- Knowledge of marketing and branding practices and tools.
- High level of written and oral communication skills (English mother tongue preferred, French, Spanish and or Arabic an asset).
- Well organized
- Ability to adapt to workload that varies and to work under pressure with very short deadlines
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement an asset
Start Date:January 2017
The closing date for receiving applications is 3 November. Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning " Social Marketing unit intern - Application" in the subject line.
Only applications sent to this email address will be considered. If you do not receive a reply within one month after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
Please be aware that the ICRC is not in a position to cover any related travel or accommodation costs. However, interviews may be conducted by skype.
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedIn