When building the tallest buildings, the longest bridges and the biggest airplanes, people put their trust in the market-leading measurement and surveying solutions from Leica Geosystems. Our employees develop, produce and distribute what our customers count on, day after day: innovation, precision, reliability and efficiency.
The Position Engineering group is responsible for developing precise positioning solutions for Leica Geosystems’ portfolio of GNSS products. We are currently searching for a positioning algorithms engineer with software engineering competence to work on our current and next generation GNSS technology.
GNSS Positioning Algorithms Engineer
Your main tasks include:
- Design, develop and maintain a range of precise GNSS positioning solutions including RTK, Network RTK and PPP
- Analyse and solve GNSS positioning problems reported by the market
- Test and tune positioning algorithms
- Interface with the product management team to fulfil product requirements and specifications.
- A higher degree (PhD or Masters) in Satellite Geodesy, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or other related fields or a similar Bachelor degree and 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience engineering multi-GNSS and multi-frequency carrier-phase based positioning algorithms
- Competency in estimation theory, including Kalman filtering
- OOP software engineering experience in C++
- Analytical skills
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
Leica Geosystems is a globally active company based in the St. Galler Rheintal in Switzerland. With its advanced technology, it has been revolutionizing the world of measurement and surveying for 200 years. Quality, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit are components of our success story. Would you like to be a part of this?
Mr. Frank Takac, +41 71 727 44 76, will be happy to answer your technical questions. Mr. Urs Nef, +41 727 30 23 from Human Resources looks forward to receive your written application. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Job reference GEO-254)Leica Geosystems AG