Senior Process Automation and MES Engineer
"I want to make an impact locally and have an influence globally"
Product Technology Centre, Konolfingen, Switzerland
Undefined period of timecontract, act rate 100%
Our Product Technology Centre (PTC) in Konolfingen near Bern / Switzerland develops for Nestlé worldwide, new products, processes and packaging concepts in the areas of Milk and Nutrition. In addition it also provides technical assistance to our factories.
We are looking for a Senior Process Automation and MES Engineer
As a Senior Process Automation and MES Engineer, you will have as tasks to apply / maintain / develop process automation and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) engineering knowledge, solutions and standards for PTC and other Nestle Dairy and Nutrition units. This position might require up to 20% travelling time.
- Standardize process automation and MES solutions for Infant Nutrition plants and key dairy process units
- Adapts, facilitates and standardize methodology for enabling process focus in Infant and dairy lines by process control automation
- Roll out of automation and MES solutions to Dairy and Nutrition plants
- Supports advanced process control applications and other efficiency improvements in Nutrition and Dairy plants
- Actively participate in the execution of PTC managed investment projects
- Provide support for effective project execution for investment projects in Factories and markets
- Actively participate in the technical assistance to Markets & Factories
- As senior engineer, coach and integrate new engineers within PTC Team
Education and experience
- Engineer or equivalent university degree
- Experience in process automation and MES engineering, preferable food, or exposure to process operations in a food Factory
- Experience in process focus / MES applications or as corporate engineer of a market or similar experience in other companies
- Experience in project implementation/execution in Factories (min 3years)
- Total of above experiences of 5 years minimum
- Good knowledge of automation, food processing and advanced process control concepts
- Technical know-how in practical operations, incl. project management skills, planning and organization
- Good technical document writing skills
- Fluent English and preferable other languages (German, French, Spanish...)
Show us that you have a strong ability for team work, communication and project management as well as your ability to solve problems. Your ability to build / disseminate knowledge / expertise including participation in workshops & training sessions, such as training for Engineers / Technologists contributes to your and our success. You experience in project implementation/execution in Factories (min 3years) are key element. If you are interested by this position, please apply in English atwww.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.