Public Health Economist Specialist – Nutrition
“Improving communities and inspiring colleagues”
Nestlé Research Centre, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. Rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC devotes itself to 5 main research programs: food safety and integrity, first 1000 days and healthy kids, healthy ageing, healthy pleasure and sustainable nutrition. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products, such as the reformulation of products with lower levels of sugar, salt and fat, and an increase in vitamins, minerals and fibre. Learn more about the NRC atwww.research.nestle.com.
Lausanne is home to the 3 strongholds of Nestlé’s fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC), the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) and the Nestlé Clinical Development Unit (CDU). They all investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
To complete our Public health nutrition department, we are currently looking for a Public Health Economist Specialist – Nutrition.In this role, your main responsibility will be to contribute to the development of health economic approaches to estimate and measure health and economic impacts of Nestlé’s products.
· Plan and develop tools and statistical secondary data analysis of nutritional surveys to better understand dietary intake patterns and nutritional needs in specific population with an emphasis on population aged over 45.
· Plan and develop health economic models to demonstrate the health and economic impacts of Nestlé's products.
· Build competences on different national burden of disease models to quantify the health impacts of cardio-vascular diseases.
· Build and develop competences on specific other NCDs models (diabetes, osteo-arthritis etc).
· Collaborate actively with the Nutrition Network of Nestlé and other R&D Networks to apply your functional objectives and support implementation at market level.
· Share knowledge, tools and services within markets and R&D networks.
Education and experience
- PhD in health economics, public health or closely related field combined with at least 3-6 years of professional experience
- Experience in developing health economic models such as decision trees and markov models
- Experience with Population Attributable Risk and discrete event modelling is highly recommended.
- Experience in working with large data sets and secondary data analysis.
- Good understanding of micro-economics, behavioral economics as well as health consequences of non-communicable disease.
- Understanding of food intake data and nutrient intake.
- Fluency in English, another major language will be considered a strong advantage
If you are interested in being involved in demanding and innovative projects within one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences worldwide, then apply with us (complete application including CV, cover letter, references and publications is mandatory) now onwww.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.