Galderma is a global leader in medical solutions for the skin, hair and nails, wholly-owned by Nestlé Skin Health, a subsidiary of Nestlé.
The company has been researching and developing its extensive range of medically-proven solutions since its creation in 1981. It exclusively partners with healthcare professionals to target a variety of dermatological conditions and skin needs.
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Galderma has more than 5,000 employees and 35 affiliates around the world. Its products are distributed in over 100 countries. Its 5 state-ofthe-art research and development centers and 6 manufacturing facilities are dedicated to providing a wide range of innovative and science-based medical solutions to meet the highest standards of safety and efficacy.
Strategic brands include Epiduo™, Restylane®, Oracea®, Differin®, Mirvaso®, Soolantra®, Loceryl®, Benzac®, Excipial®, Metvix®, Azzalure®, Tri-Luma™, Cetaphil® and Daylong™
HEAD OF STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS H/F
Expert Scientist NMR
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual, who is capable of heading the structural analysis team & managing the NMR platform.
Work performed in the structural analysis team includes, but is not limited to:
- Purification and analytical support (eg. structure elucidation and characterization) for small molecules prepared by synthetic chemists & for polysaccharides/hydrogels prepared by polymer chemists in Discovery Chemistry
- Analytical support for Research & Process Development Chemistry
- Method development for preclinical & clinical candidate molecules
In this role, under the supervision of the Head of Discovery Chemistry Group, your main missions will be:
- To guarantee high level of scientific & technological expertise for the NMR platform. To maintain & develop this platform and constantly adapt & improve analytical NMR methods & tools
- To define scientific/technical analytical strategies and implement appropriate innovations eg. process, method, equipment…
- To manage the design and execution of experiments on time and you may also actively take part in the execution
- To supervise an internal team (planning and prioritization of activities, performance management: lead & motivate, people development…).
- To identify and manage external collaborations/consultancies
You will interact with highly motivated scientists in a professional work environment at our state-of-the-art research facilities.
Minimum level of education: University degree in Life Sciences, PhD in NMR, organic chemistry or comparable relevant experience in NMR.
10 Years’ of experience in a pharmaceutical company, ideally in an international environment with people management.
You will have demonstrated strong theoretical and practical knowledge in the specific areas of NMR throughout your career so far. You have a detailed fundamental knowledge of the literature and follow closely the evolution of the field. You have experience in the use of Bruker NMR software and hardware & experience in the implementation, set-up and fine-tuning of new NMR experiments. You are hands-on technically orientated with the ability to troubleshoot instrument problems and are IT literate with the ability to manipulate data work-flows in a networked environment.
You have a profound interest in laboratory work/technical activities. You have rigor and analytical mind.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in small molecule in pharmaceutical industry in mass spectrometry and the use of chromatography for sample isolation, purification, and analysis. Good working knowledge of organic chemistry is desired. Experience in polysaccharides/hydrogel characterization is considered as a bonus.
You have team spirit, people management experience with the ability to lead and motivate a team, excellent oral & written communication skills.
You have good knowledge of written and spoken French and English.
Permanent position based in Sophia-Antipolis,Alpes-Maritimes, France
Salary will be based on experience