MES – E&A Engineer
“Working together and standing apart”
Corporate Engineering based at Product Technology Centre, Orbe, Switzerland
Undefined period of time contract, act. Rate 100%
The Nestlé Product Technology Centre in Orbe is the leading Nestlé Coffee, Beverages and Cereals Competence Centre that develops products, production processes and delivery systems for in-home and out-of-home consumption. The corporate engineering team not only provides support to the Orbe site, but provides technical assistance and direction to the Nestlé factories worldwide. Our mission – to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence - drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
To complete our corporate engineering team based in Orbe, we are currently looking for a MES-E&A Engineer.
Your main responsibilities will be to support the Nestle business with specialist skills in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Electricity or Automation in the Market in line with corporate guidelines, enforcing that the specific MES-E&A activities enhance business objectives, product quality and plant operation/performance while ensuring that people health and safety, product safety and environment are never compromised.
- Lead global direction for Nestlé MES applications
- Ensure process and equipment safety for people, products, and the environment, and that everyone demonstrates an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations.
- Ensures that change management is in place to appropriately manage modifications of the solutions in your field of expertise
- Ensures the application of the market and local MES-E&A related legislation (i.e. electrical, calibration, maintenance, etc.).
- Ensure that MES-E&A engineers in the factories master the processes and products in order to fully support initiatives related to Innovation & Renovation and Continuous Improvement, protecting technological know-how.
- Support the appropriate adhesion to engineering tools at site level
- Monitor MES impact in line efficiency and performance at the factories.
- Execute the strategy of the market in terms of MES, Electricity and Automation in alignment with corporate standards best engineering practices.
Education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Automation and/or MES engineer with Electrical experience
- Personnel Supervision (of technical teams, contractors or other 3rd parties)
- Participation in the development of engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team (preferably including different products and technologies in Electrical and Automation areas)
- Participation in the start-up of technical equipment(s) and/or production line(s)
- Self-Management following defined KPIs/Objectives, and proactively tracking them
- Project management skills
- Exposure to TPM, preventive maintenance planning and/or maintenance execution desired but not required
Show us that you have highly developed influencing skills as well as your leadership skills, which will be your main assets for this position.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you atwww.nestle.com/jobs!
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 91,6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2014, more than 339,000 employees worldwide and 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.