Competence Pillar Lead “Food Physics & Processing”
“I want to create science for healthier lives through good nutrition and for a better business”
Nestlé Research Centre, Lausanne, Undefined period of time contract,
Switzerland activity rate 100%
The Nestlé Research Center plays a central role for Nestlé in providing the science behind safe, nutritious and healthy products throughout the life of our consumers. This ambition translates into five major research programs: Food safety and integrity, First 1000 days and healthy kids, Healthy ageing, Healthy pleasure and Sustainable nutrition. Behind these programs are 600 employees (300 scientists), 100 external research collaborations with universities and research institutes around the world and up to 60 clinical trials in the areas of healthy nutrition, medical nutrition, metabolic disease, gastro-intestinal health. Over the last 5 years, this work resulted in around 1000 scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals as well as 80 patents every year (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Are you ready to join a multinational team? As aCompetence Pillar Lead “Food Physics & Processing”, you provide strategic direction and leadership for related Science & Technology areas. This to support the mission of the Food Science & Applied Nutrition Department, to enable scientific discoveries that enhance the nutritional impact and consumer appreciation of Nestlé's Food & Beverages products and contribute to growth and profitability of our businesses. You will direct research as well as develop and manage relevant competences and resources (approximately 50 people).
- Provide strategic direction: Contribute to the definition and execution of the Department’s strategy and priorities. Provide guidance and priorities for Science & Technology areas to support cross-category research that fuels category-specific Science & Technology Roadmaps.
- Support innovation/renovation for the businesses: Be accountable for impactful scientific discoveries that are can be applied in Cat 2 projects and realized in new products launched.
- Develop Science & Technology capabilities: Build and develop key competencies and resources for the Competence Pillar and the R&D community. Ensure sustainability and availability of resources by developing robust succession plans throughout the R&D community. Align relevant competencies with NPTC S&T Leaders.
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders: Establish strategic alliances and collaborations. Maintain effective external networks. Secure access to talents and expertise.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. in Food Technology, Process Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated scientific leadership skills
- Successful experience in developing and executing (Science & Technology) strategies
- Ability to manage people and budgets
- Solid understanding of business/operational setup of categories
If you want to connect research with product and process development and foster creativity, please apply in English on our internal career portal.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.