Prototyping kitchen chef
“I want the chance to stand out while being part of something outstanding”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
The Nestlé Research Center (NRC) located near Lausanne, Switzerland is one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences. With over 500 colleagues from over 40 nationalities, NRC has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by more than 200 external scientific partnerships, multiple University collaborations and more than 100 scientific publications each year. Nestlé Research Center conducts up to 60 clinical trials in the areas of healthy nutrition, medical nutrition, metabolic disease, gastro-intestinal health amongst others. This work is done either at our state of the art Clinical Development Unit in Lausanne or with CROs. (Learn more about the NRC atwww.research.nestle.com).
Combining innovative drive and strong scientific integrity in Nutrition, Health, Food Science, Consumer Interaction and Food Safety, NRC opens the way to develop Good Food for Good Life.
Demonstrating excellent service orientation and capacity to challenge constructively, you will be supporting the scientists through all the stages of development on new products, by providing culinary guidance and cooking prototypes.
- Provide strong culinary guidance to team members and support projects to deliver innovative and competitive products/processes/systems in response to business and consumer needs.
- Effectively transfer concept ideas into culinary prototypes and integrate culinary skills and knowledge to interpret concepts
- Advise and challenge the scientists on feasibility of recipes and cook prototypes upon alignment with stakeholders
- Explore culinary process or techniques that are potentially patentable and present results/methods to relevant team members and stakeholders. Provide regional culinary insights.
- Recommend, plan and deliver culinary and technical support for NRC projects
- Actively participate in expert Chef network to promote cross-fertilization between different R&D sites
Education and experience
- Relevant degree in culinary or food technology
- At least 5-10 years experience as a kitchen chef
- Up to date knowledge of quality and HACCP requirements
- Significant culinary exposure in global environment will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Show us that you demonstrate good communication skills and capacity create networks and convince stakeholders. Your curiosity and creativity, combined with a strong result focus is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English/French onwww.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.