Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Medical Director Late Stage Clinical Development
“I want to leverage my expertise to create healthier lives through good nutrition”
Clinical Development Unit (CDU), Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
Lausanne, Switzerland (or possibly Greater London)
You ideally have a late stage clinical trial (phases 2 & 3) and medical marketing experience and have a strong interest in shaping late stage trials and medical marketing to become a seamless unit to promote novel scientifically based Nestlé products.
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff Nestlé Research Center has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer reviewed journals and filed about 80 patents every year. The Nestlé Research Center also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC devotes itself to 5 main research programs: food safety and integrity, child development “the first 1000 days” programme and healthy kids, healthy ageing, healthy pleasure and sustainable nutrition. The Nestlé Research Center plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products, such as the reformulation of products with lower levels of sugar, salt and fat, and an increase in vitamins, minerals and fiber. (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
The Clinical Development Unit opened in 2012. This unit manages Nestlé’s global clinical trials in our own regi and with CROs program and has around 60 ongoing clinical trials every year. The Clinical Development Unit investigates how different product formulations affect clinical biochemistry (such as blood cholesterol) or physiological functions as well as the bioavailability and safety of nutrients.
Combining innovative drive and strong scientific integrity you will be leading the design and implementation of breakthrough clinical trials in order to develop innovative competitive products which meet consumer needs and support the Nestlé Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy for the business units. Your excellent organizational skills and your strong communication skills with partners from various backgrounds will allow you to be successful in this role.
Education and experience
· Medical Doctor, preferably with specialization in internal medicine or paediatrics. Additional experience in metabolic and cardiovascular diseases, immunology, gastroenterology or mobility would be a plus.
· PhD and/or MBA will be considered and advantage.
· Min 5 years international experience in clinical R&D in Nutrition, Pharma or CRO organization
· Understanding of nutrition and health environment, including regulatory aspects of nutritional products.
· Full knowledge of state of the art in the field of early clinical research & development
· Business acumen and capability of translating scientific concepts into business opportunities and scientific messages for professionals and consumers.
· Excellent communication and networking skills at an international level
· Project and stakeholder management experience
· Ability to manage resources and budgets in a matrix organization and provide functional leadership; functional leadership and people development skills
· Fluency in English, knowledge of one or more major languages is a plus
Show us that you have strong initiative capabilities as well as your pro-active collaboration abilities. Your curiosity and capacity to stay focus on results will be your main assets for this position. Developing people will contribute strongly to you and our success. If you are interested, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 91,6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2014, more than 339,000 employees worldwide and 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.