Muscle Stem Cell R&D Specialist
“I want to collaborate in a stimulating scientific environment to improve the quality of life of people with medical conditions”
NIHS, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time role, act. rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition. The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic diseases. Large-scale omics capabilities including genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics and nutritional phenotyping are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated approach we are developing nutritional approaches to prevent disease, promote healthy aging as well as to fulfil specific nutritional requirements of patients with medical conditions.
Demonstrating strong result focus, communication skills and creativity, you will be working in a dynamic, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary research environment. In this role you will be leading projects to study models of muscle stem cells in health and disease and uncover molecular and nutritional mechanisms amenable to targeted intervention in aging, cachexia or metabolic diseases.
- Lead experimental and operational aspects of research projects on muscle stem cells.
- Read, comprehend and translate external scientific literature into internal research projects.
- Plan and execute scientific projects by coordinating collaborations with internal teams and with external investigators and contract laboratories.
- Develop translational research strategy to nutritionally target muscle stem cells in aging and cachexia.
- Present and publish your work internally and externally.
- Train and supervise students and junior scientists.
Education and experience
- PhD and post-doc in muscle biology with outstanding track record and extensive experience on stem cells, aging or cachexia.
- 5-10 years laboratory experience with cellular and in vivo models of biology.
- Excellent knowledge in physiology/metabolism, cell signaling and molecular biology
- Ability to comprehend complex science to develop new methods and hypotheses for innovating scientific projects.
- Fluency in English, French would be an advantage.
Show us that you are creative and passionate about your work, and you are ready to share your technical and scientific knowledge. Being an excellent team player and having an outstanding scientific vision is what will set you apart. Your open-mindedness and capacity to communicate efficiently will be highly appreciated in our fast-pace and very international environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer a truly international and innovative working environment and we foster discovery and translational research at the interface with academia. Please find more information onhttp://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
If you are interested in joining us and to create and implement NIHS as new leading research Institution, then apply in Englishnow atwww.nestle.com/with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates and references.