“I want to fit in and stand out”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. Rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC devotes itself to 5 main research programs: food safety and integrity, first 1000 days and healthy kids, healthy ageing, healthy pleasure and sustainable nutrition. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products, such as the reformulation of products with lower levels of sugar, salt and fat, and an increase in proteins, vitamins, minerals and fibres (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the 2 strongholds of Nestlé’s fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
The Biostatistician is responsible for all statistical tasks of individual clinical trials. Suggest and prepare optimal statistical designs, provide statistical inputs into the design of protocols including preparation of the statistical analysis plan, analyse and report results of clinical trials. Contribute to the scientific substantiation of the benefits of Nestlé products and knowledge building in nutrition.
- Provide statistical expertise into the development on clinical studies (design, sample size, modelling/simulations)
- Provide statistical input for protocol writing and review of clinical study documents
- Develop statistical analysis plan
- Analyse clinical data and report statistical results
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal resources (clinical data manager, clinical project manager, scientists, medical directors) on different health benefit areas
Education and experience
- University degree (PhD/MSc) in Statistics or Mathematics
- Comprehensive knowledge of biostatistics in all phases of clinical development, in particular in planning, execution, analysis and reporting of clinical studies
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field of clinical research
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret results
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time
- Proficiency with various statistical methodologies applied in clinical trials and knowledge of regulatory guidance
- Good communication and team-player mindset
- Knowledge of adaptive design from theory to practice is a plus
Show us that you have the strong organizational skills coupled with the strong team player mindset we are looking for. Your curiosity and your motivation will contribute to your and our success. If you are interested in joining Nestlé as aSenior Biostatistician, please apply in Englishatwww.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com