Research Assistant/Laboratory Technician
“I want challenges and the training to tackle them”
NIHS, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic disease. Large-scale omics capabilities including genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics and nutritional profiling are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated approach, we are developing nutritional solutions to prevent disease and facilitate healthy aging.
Demonstrating strong result focus and proactive cooperation, you will be working in a dynamic, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary research environment. In this role, you will be contributing to the development of new assays for the analysis of mitochondrial function.
- Set-up assays for the functional analysis of mitochondria in different cell types including endocrine cells, astrocytes and neurons
- Study defects of mitochondrial function in cell models reflecting specific genetic diseases, chronic diseases or aging
- Follow posttranslational modifications of proteins in collaboration with the proteomics team at NIHS
- Run operational activities of the lab (maintenance of infrastructure, purchasing/servicing of equipment, ordering of consumables, and coordination of booking systems).
Education and experience
- CFC as laboratory technician or Bachelor in cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology
- At least 2-3 years post-degree laboratory experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, cellular assays, basic biochemistry and molecular biology techniques
- Experience in laboratory organization & maintenance
- Fluency in either English or French with basic knowledge of the other language
Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a strong ability to contribute to the common goals of the group. Your good communication skills and team spirit is what will set you apart from other candidates. Your autonomy, capacity to take initiative and multitasking will be highly appreciated in our fast-pace and international environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer an international and innovative working environment and foster academic research. Please find more information onhttp://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/
If you are interested in joining us and to create and implement NIHS as new leading research Institution, then apply in English
with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates and references.