NIHS, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) was established to create and deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
The Institute combines cutting edge technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic diseases. Large-scale functional genomics and mass spectrometry capabilities are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated systems approach we ultimately aspire to develop nutritional approaches for the prevention of disease and to facilitate healthy aging.
Demonstrating a passion for nutrition and brain health science with excellent proactive cooperation and strong result focus, you will conduct original research linking novel ‘omics’ to key measures of brain health with colleagues in the Department of Nutrition and Brain Health.
- Analyze, interpret and publish ‘systems’ epidemiological studies that leverage full-scale ‘omics’ and clinical-pathological measures of brain health in a variety of study designs (case control, cross sectional and longitudinal)
- Manage and organize projects in the area of nutrition and brain health
- Collaborate with biomarker and genetic cores at NIHS, and external partners
- Build knowledge that ultimately informs an evidence base and clinical trial design
Education and experience
- Doctorate (i.e., PhD, ScD) in nutritional epidemiology or similar
- 3-5 years of post-doctoral experience
- Publication record in nutritional epidemiology applying dietary or molecular/ biochemical measures is a major asset
- Familiarity with neuropsyhometrics and neuroimaging is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Interest in exploring new approaches in nutrition, metabolism and brain research (i.e., systems science, creative integration of high dimension datasets)
Show us that you demonstrate a passion for nutrition science, combined with excellent organizational and communication skills. Your capacity to help advance this area scientifically, as well as your team spirit is what will set you apart from the other candidates. Your prioritization skills, capacity to multitask, and perseverance in our fast-pace environment will be appreciated.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer an international and innovative working environment that fosters both an academic and industrial attitude with a vision for translation in the promotion of health through nutrition. Please find more information onhttp://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
Interested candidates may apply in Englishatwww.nestle.com/with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates and references.