Medical Therapeutic Area Specialist
Medical Therapeutic Area Specialist(
Job Number: 160002TV)
Galderma is a global leader in medical solutions for the skin, hair and nails, wholly-owned by Nestlé Skin Health, a subsidiary of Nestlé. The company has been researching and developing its extensive range of medically-proven solutions since its creation in 1981. It exclusively partners with healthcare professionals to target a variety of dermatological conditions and skin needs.
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Galderma has more than 5,000 employees and 35 affiliates around the world. Its products are distributed in over 100 countries. Its 5 state-of-the-art research and development centers and 6 manufacturing facilities are dedicated to providing a wide range of innovative and science-based medical solutions to meet the highest standards of safety and efficacy.
Galderma manufactures many well-respected brands, including Epiduo™ Restylane® Oracea® Differin® Mirvaso® Soolantra® Loceryl® Benzac® Excipial® Metvix® Azzalure® Tri-Luma™ Cetaphil® and Daylong™.
For our affiliate Galderma-Spirig based in Egerkingen (Basel area) we are currently looking for a talented:
Medical Therapeutic Area Specialist
In Global Medical Affairs, we deliver scientific-medical expertise in order to build unique and differentiating equity for our brands with Innovation that is inspired by the Health Care professionals and Consumer Insights. As Medical Therapeutic Area Specialist, you will bring scientific rationale behind consumer concepts and develop scientific - medical innovation strategy. By acting as a cross-functional key member of international project teams, building and perpetuating strong alliances with Health Care Providers and watching out for the consumer needs, you will play a key role in the success of our brands.
- Propose new scientific/medical development ideas in line with brand and innovation strategy
- Lead and develop Health Care Provider strategy in alignment with brand team with or without agencies
- Ensure scientific and competitor intelligence and advise the marketing teams on product positioning. Give medical input for the briefing of clinical studies and lead the communication of the results
- Provide scientific input in claim generation and lead medical claim validation for the products in the therapeutic area
- Develop Health Care Provider mapping, organize and lead scientific/medical expert meetings in line with medical and legal governance, business needs and business benefit
- Develop and maintain alliances with opinion leaders and international experts, organize and lead Galderma’s sponsored medical events
- Perform internal scientific medical training
- Be a key member of the steering committee of the category
- Coordinate cross-functional alignment with local Medical Affairs, clinical development & vigilance
- Scientific, University Degree (MD, PharmD, PhD) with post-doctoral or MSL-related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Self-medication or Consumer Care Industry related to scientific affairs and/or clinical operations, preferably in Skin area
- Corporate experience in leading a medical strategy in a Consumer Care Business
- Knowledge of regulatory and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in interpretation of findings generated from medical meetings, clinical studies and medical publications
- Excellent understanding of medical communication and education
- Track record in identifying thought leaders and creating strong relationships with KOLs and key influencers in the scientific community
- Business acumen and understanding of marketing strategies
- Cross functional work experience, team orientation, strategic thinking
- Fluency in English (other languages are an asset)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- MS Office (Power Point)
Primary Location: Switzerland-Solothurn-Egerkingen
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2016, 9:05:00 AM