Post-doc/Associate Specialist in metabolic flux analysis
“More people who think like you and less who think like everyone else”
NIHS, Lausanne Switzerland Temporary contract (2 years), act. rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to create and deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic diseases. Large-scale functional genomics and mass spectrometry capabilities are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated systems approach we ultimately aspire to develop nutritional approaches for the prevention of disease and to facilitate healthy aging.
Demonstrating autonomy and strong result focus, you will be contributing to understand the molecular regulation of dietary fatty acids and related bioactive lipids as part of next generation product development.
- Design and execute experiments to trace lipid metabolism using Mass spectrometry
- Develop and validate metabolic flux analysis using stable-isotope tracers
- Execute in vitro/in vivo experiments to assess lipid bioavailability and metabolism using lipidomics
- Perform data analysis for metabolic flux analysis
- Writing reports and manuscripts for publication
Education and experience
- PhD in metabolism, physiology, biochemistry or analytical chemistry
- Experience with metabolic flux analysis is essential
- Previous work on metabolic modeling considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge in metabolism, biochemistry and mass spectrometry
- Proven track record of scientific publications
- Fluency in English
Show us that you demonstrate good communication skills, combined with excellent organizing skills. Your capacity to share and collaborate effectively within the team, as well as your proactive cooperation is what will set you apart from the other candidates. Your capacity to take initiatives and execute independently scientific experiments will be highly appreciated in our fast-pace environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer an international and innovative working environment and foster an academic, interdisciplinary research culture expecting publication in high-impact journals, supporting joint university appointments of qualified candidates and participation in graduate and postdoctoral programs. Please find more information athttp://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.