“Single-minded purpose and wide-ranging choice”
Nestlé Institute of Health Science Ltd, Undefined period of time, 100%
Are you ready to join a multinational team in a challenging role? As a Patent Attorney, your main mission is to obtain exclusivity on NIHS R&D results by patent protection and proactive collaboration with other Nestlé businesses.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has been established to deliver world-class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition. The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic disease. The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer a truly international and innovative working environment and we will foster an academic research. Please find more information on http://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
- Ensure IP protection plans for projects, regularly reviewed and agreed by Project Leader/Manager and executed for key projects
- Identify and capture new inventions with scientists and help them to prepare data and results for filing in a new patent application
- Collaborate and evaluate results with Patent Search team for novelty, freedom to operate and landscape searches related to all projects and due diligence activities
- Draft patent applications in biological area (80%), work with assistance on drafting applications in other areas of technology such as medicinal chemistry (15%) and medical device/electronic/digital technology (5%)
- Global prosecution of patent applications and management of conflicts and litigation to ensure proper IP protection according to national laws
- Lead training of NIHS employees and students in patent basics, use of patent tools and importance of publication clearance and approval for all communications outside the company
Education and experience
- PhD in biological sciences
- Qualified European Patent Attorney with minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Successful Project management experience
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages welcome With degrees
Show us that you have a strategic thinking, simplification and value creation mindset. You demonstrate perseverance, courage and ability to work independently. Your openness, honesty in relationships and fairness will contribute to our business success. If you want to make a difference to our performance, apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 91,6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2014, more than 339,000 employees worldwide and 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on http://www.nestle.com/.