US Market Global Strategic Buyer/Dairy
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Panama City, Panama
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: 20 to 50%
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company. We have more than 2000 brands with 88.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015. We are a global brand with more than 335,000 employees worldwide, operating in 197 countries.
As an employer, Nestlé is extremely committed to growing talents internally and puts a strong focus on employee development.
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division is being created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They will provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs will also support markets with managing local spend.
In order to implement and drive the success of our new procurement model, we are looking for a highly competent US MarketGlobal Strategic Buyerfor Dairybased in Panama.
Are you ready to join a high performance team?
Reporting directly to the Procurement Category Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the category strategy for the spend in scope on a global level, utilizing strategic sourcing processes, tools and policies.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Define and implement the category strategy, utilizing Strategic Sourcing processes, tools and policies.
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts ensuring the most beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers in line with the strategy.
- Manage the relationship with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning.
- In partnership with Supplier Relationship Management Experts lead the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What is required?
- University degree in Procurement, Business Administration and/or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in in sourcing, supplier management or strategic procurement, ideally gained in the Dairy Category (Butter, Cheese, SMP, etc.)
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Experience in negotiation.
- Understanding of US Dairy Market and International Procurement Regulations.
- Fluency in English, another language will be an asset.
What’s on offer?
- A role with responsibility and global scope
- We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment
- Consistent opportunities for training and development
What we are looking for?
Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
We enhance lives with science-based nutrition and health solutions for all stages of life, helping consumers care for themselves and their families. This reflects our conviction that the people are our most important asset. We make sure our employees feel this every day. If you want to make a difference apply directly in English atwww.nestle.com/jobs