Genomics Data Analyst
“More people who think like you and less who think like everyone else”
NIHS, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract,
act. rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic disease. Large-scale omics capabilities including genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics and nutritional profiling are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated approach we are developing nutritional approaches to prevent disease and facilitate healthy aging.
Demonstrating excellent organizing skills and strong team spirit,you will be working in a dynamic, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary research environment. In this role you will execute analyses of genomics data (genome and transcriptome, obtained from technologies such as sequencing or microarrays), evaluate and develop analytical methods for the Functional Genomics team, in alignment with the mission of NIHS.
- Extract specific answers from complex gene expression data (RNAseq, microarrays, HTGSeq, Q PCR, Nanostring, IsoSeq, single-cell RNASeq)
- Apply computational and statistical tools for multivariate analysis to data-driven explorations
- In relation with other data analysts, develop and maintain software tools for management, analysis and display of the data generated
- Support the Functional Genomics team in the development and implementation of new technologies and/or applications
- Deliver reports and analysis information to support decision making regarding new genomics technologies and/or applications
Education and experience
- Master degree in Bioinformatics, Computational biology or Biostatistics
- Knowledge in molecular biology and genomics technologies
- Minimum 2 years experience working with genomic and/or transcriptomic datasets. Experience in an industry or services environment is a plus
- Hands-on experience working in a Linux/Unix shell environment; competency with scripting languages (e.g. R, Python, Perl)
- Demonstrated experience in high throughput short-read sequencing analysis is required. Experience with Pacific Biosciences data is considered an advantage
- Fluency in English
Show us that you demonstrate excellent analytical skills and rigor in your work. Your autonomy, capacity to take initiative and good communications skills is what will set you apart among the other candidates. Your networking skills, positive attitude and ability to set priorities upon timelines, will be highly appreciated in our fast-pace and very international environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer a truly international and innovative working environment and we will foster an academic research. Please find more information onhttp://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/
If you are interested in joining us and to create and implement NIHS as new leading research Institution, then apply in English
with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates and references.