Regulatory Specialist on electrical and electronic appliances (beverage machines)
“Working together and standing apart”
System Technology Center, Orbe, Switzerland Undefined period, 100%
Are you ready to join a multinational team in a challenging role? As a Regulatory Specialist on electrical and electronic appliances, you are responsible for compliance at up to "Industrialization” for beverage systems and establish the internal policy/strategy for delivery and vending machine compliance. You also link R&D and operations allowing a smooth gate review at Industrialization and Launch. Finally you maintain the regulatory network on beverages machines with e.g. Nestlé Markets, Globally Managed Businesses (GMB) and third parties (Certification Bodies).
The Nestlé System Technology Center (STC) in Orbe is Nestlé’s leading competence center for the design, development and deployment of Nestlé delivery systems, offering expertise in machines, packaging, and products for in-home and out-of-home.
- Know and understand all relevant regulatory requirements and trends related to beverage machines (delivery/vending) to support R&D and markets/GMBs
to set conditions for product compliance e.g. to provide STC project engineers with appropriate information in regards to existing and new/changed regulations
to interpret set/emerging regulations and technical standards
- Contribute to improve regulatory awareness/knowledge related to risk and opportunities of regulations/changes related to beverage delivery and vending machines compliance, e.g.:
General product safety regulations, consumer safety, electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility compliance (e.g. IEC -International Electrotechnical Commission – standards and market certifications)
Environmental regulations (e.g. REACH, RoHS, POP Regulation, etc.)
- Support the businesses in the approval process with external laboratories, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and STC developers up to Industrialization step
- Remain a support to regulatory stakeholders in the markets / businesses
- Contribute to the Nestlé Early Warning System
- Act as a point of contact for the markets (for the commercialization of systems) and proactive collaborate with center functions
- Actively help to maintain the network organization for the regulatory & compliance aspects related with machines
- Participate to the Technical Committees for the new standards definition, through the Industry associations
Education and experience
- Minimum Master degree
- 3 – 4 years’ experience working in an international environment in the area of electrical safety / electrical engineering and /or environmental compliance of electrical appliances
- Engineer Education background / experience would be a strong asset
- Project management experience desirable
- Recognized scientific and technical knowledge
- Fluent in English, French a bonus
Show us that you are able to communicate clearly with stakeholders. You demonstrate a good business understanding and entrepreneurship mindset. You also have excellent network skills, internally and externally. Your proactivity and team spirit will contribute to our business performance. If you want to make a difference to our performance, apply directly in English atwww.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com.