Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Associate R&D Specialist on Beverage Protein physico-chemistry
Associate R&D Specialist on Beverages Protein physico-chemistry
“Working together and standing apart”
Nestlé Product Technology Centre (NPTC) Beverage, Orbe, Switzerland
Defined period of time contract (2 years), act. Rate 100%
The Nestlé Product Technology Centre (NPTC) Beverage in Orbe is the leading Nestlé Coffee BeverageCompetence Centre that develops products, production processes and packaging for in-home and out-of-home consumption (including systems). Our mission – to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence - drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
To complete our Science & Nutrition Unit based in Orbe, we are currently looking for an Associate R&D Specialist on Beverages Protein physico-chemistry.
Reporting to the Food Chemistry Line Manager in the Science & Nutrition unit, you will be in charge of developing the understanding of chemical transformations triggered during Coffee process for NPTC Beverage and portioned coffee projects.
• Develop and share the product/process chemistry expertise of coffee beverage to accelerate the development of innovative solutions and to create competitive gaps.
• Scout for new analytical technologies and implement best in class Food Chemistry analytics to enable in depth characterization of coffee based matrices leading to the molecular understanding of product attributes.
• Support, with standardized analytical methods, the development and the industrialization of beverages products driving consumer preference.
• Build the knowledge and the expertise needed to link consumer preferences and manufacturing performance to product/process chemistry.
• Optimize existing analytical methods to assure analytical excellence and laboratory performance.
• PhD in Food Chemistry, taste Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years of R&D or academic experience in the field of Protein physico-chemistry
• Knowledge on taste active peptides including formation pathways
• Knowledge in protein transformation/hydrolysis during food processes
• Scientific and technical experience in advanced analytics used for food product characterization and more specifically on liquid chromatography technics
• Knowledge on coffee process is an advantage
• Knowledge of quality, safety and hygiene requirements
Fluent English, French is a plus
Show us that you have the leadership and the strong work ethic we are looking for. A natural capability to constantly improve the way of working in order to get higher efficiency will also be a key asset.Ifyou believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forwardto hearing from you atwww.nestle.com/jobs!
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.