Associate R&D Specialist Product Integration
“Market-leading products and headline-making projects”
System Technology Centre, Orbe, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract
act rate 100%
The Nestlé System Technology Center in Orbe is Nestlé’s leading competence center for the design, development and deployment of Nestlé systems, offering expertise in machines, packaging, and products for in-home and out-of-home.
To complete our Product Integration department, we are currently looking for an Associate R&D Specialist Product Integration.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to participate in a strategic project to achieve and safeguard superior end-product quality out of a system. You will also contribute to design and validate the products/system elements in order to optimize end-product quality and system performance.
- Achieve best end-product-quality delivered by the system according to requirements of the business.
- Contribute to establishing the necessary system performance criteria and associated testing protocols, carry out the required validations in collaboration with all entities, perform bench scale trials on system rigs in collaboration with R&D Specialists.
- Autonomously organize and prepare bench scale trials by managing raw materials supply, as well as define equipment needs & installation.
- Consolidate data and report results in dedicated files or in data acquisition, summarize results, draw preliminary conclusions for decision making and propose continuous improvement options.
- Contribute in presentations to stakeholders inside and outside of STC.
- Participate proactively in the development and improvement of laboratory procedures and methodologies to measure system performance parameters and characterize end product quality.
- Collaborates within the project team in close interaction and collaboration with the various specialists, within the System Technology Centre and across other R&D Units.
- Build and document knowledge, share latest methods, trends and developments in relevant field of activity.
- Organize and plan technical activities with other Competences, STCs and NPTCs
Education and experience
- Master degree in Food Science or Technology or similar field, such as Chemistry, Biology
- From 1 to 3 years in an R&D environment or/and operating /factory experience.
- Working experience in food industry and fast paced environment
- First significant experience in Project Management for R&D projects.
- Solid experience in laboratory testing and creation of test procedures
- Good track record in methodological approach
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Any other language is a plus.
Show us that you have the excellent technical, collaboration & communication skills coupled with a good resilience to time pressure we are looking for.Your problem solving mindset. Your dynamic personality as well as your courage and positive attitude will be your main assets for this role. If you are interested in this role, please apply in English atwww.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com