System Administrator (f/m)
Well-known enterprises, institutions and NGOs rely on the Mission Control Security Services from Open Systems AG to sustainably secure the worldwide availability and operational stability of their ICT infrastructure. The services are monitored and controlled around the clock in over 180 countries.
System Administrator (f/m)
Due to the rapid expansion of our client base we are enlarging our team. Currently, we are looking for support in our Labs division to fill the position as
Together with the team you will keep our proverbial engine humming. On the datacenter side, this includes the critical 24x7 backend components, on top of which we engineer the management functions for customer services. In the office, the team provides the client infrastructure that allows our employees to get on with their jobs.
You are a self-propelled individual who is actively seeking and creating opportunities to improve our IT landscape. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get dirty if the going gets tough. Conversely, if the task demands it, you can objectively and carefully choose between options, plot a path and follow it through to fruition. Open Systems pledges to provide you with the resources and tools so you can do your job to the best of your abilities. Above all, we value creative, low-friction solutions that work.
Here are the kind of skills and attitudes we’re looking for:
- We have a heavy slant on Unix like systems (mostly Linux and OS X), hence we expect you to have considerable real-world experience in this area.
- Proficiency with large-scale management of OS X clients is a plus.
- Solid Layer 2 and 3 networking skills are a must.
- Significant experience in at least some of these areas: virtualization, packaging, scripting, deployment automation, databases, storage & backup. We will support you in acquiring any missing or new skills.
- Ideally you have some experience in the guidance and mentoring of apprentices (Informatiker EFZ) and you have the vocational trainer certificate.
- You are a team player, but you can also get things done on your own.
- You are fluent in German and English, both orally and in writing.
- You don’t crack under pressure.
Open Systems will offer you interesting challenges in the dynamic and global environment of IT security. You will be in a work environment in which innovative solutions, rapid development times, creativity and open communication are practiced and continuously fostered. The pursuit of technical advancement is at the center of our attention. You will work at the headquarters in Zurich and will get the opportunity to be deployed for Mission Control service in Sydney for a few months.
We look forward to receiving your online application. For any questions and further inquiries about applications, please feel free to contact Anne Kessler at +41 58 100 10 10.
Only direct applications will be considered.