Global Head of Real Estate
Global Head of Real Estate
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Office Location:Basel - Corporate Head Office (PAC)
Travel Required:No Selection
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core
products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made
end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more
than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Global Head of Real Estate to establish and maintain an agile and proactive real estate management function and to improve real estate cost effectiveness.
• Ensure that the needs of all functions are assessed and included in Panalpina real estate business requirements (warehouses and offices).
• Assess possibility of outsourcing lease portfolio management to global real estate management service provider (lead RFQ process)
• Develop and implement strategies to improve the real estate performance in terms of costs, timely availability, continuity and (operational) suitability (“fit-for-purpose”) and corporate compliance guidelines are adhered to.
• Further develop and maintain policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the real estate management function. Especially in the areas of strategic real estate (capacity) planning, Capex approval processes (including advice on budgeting) and annual real estate activity.
• Give guidance for the Real Estate proposal process, both leasing and ownership.
• Establish ‘early warning’ process for renewals, new business wins and other opportunities with real estate requirements.
• Direct the development and application of analytical tools and measurement techniques.
• Set and monitor the achievement of the real estate strategic objectives.
• Lead negotiations involving high value real estate projects
• Portfolio management
• Strategic supplier alignment
• Support project management services for strategic BTS projects, as required – currently Singapore
• Standards and Governance
• General property expertise
• Degree required, higher degree preferred. Qualification in project management would be an advantage as would Strategic Real Estate Management
• Managerial qualification/experience
• Sound understanding of accounting and finance policies and practices
• Knowledge of property management, construction and project management, taxation and leasing
• Knowledge of legal aspects of Real Estate Management
• (Preferably) Member: The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
• International working environment (5-10 years)
• In-depth knowledge and experience in corporate real estate management (>10 years)
• (Financial) investment processes, budgeting and reporting
• Development and management of functional (real estate) procedures and processes
• Change management
• Establishing a professional team
• Dealing with global real estate advisors
• Broad range of experience gained within Real Estate & Capital Equipment Management.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work through a matrix organization and have the gravitas to lead change.
• Experience of managing work globally.
• Ability to work in a small team and individually.
• Necessary Technical/Functional Skills:
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
• Good communicator
• Excellent people management skills
• Good awareness of organizational and cultural sensitivities
• Proactive thinking to create opportunities and add value
• Good negotiation and communication skills
• Fluent English