The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 1900 people.
For the Gasphase and Aerosol Chemistry Group we are looking for a
Source apportionment of volatile organic gases using recently available mass spectrometric techniques
- Field measurements in Zurich, Switzerland and eventually in Poland/China/India
- Statistical analysis of data using advanced factor analyses
- Measurements of reference profiles in smogchamber experiments
- Master degree in environmental Science, chemistry, physics, mathematics or a related field
- Very good English language skills Affinity for statistics and programming
- Previous experience in mass spectrometry or other VOC instrumentation advantageous
- Previous studies in atmospheric research advantageous
The experimental work will be at the Paul Scherrer Institute in Villigen, the PhD degree will be awarded by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ).
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prevot, email: email@example.com.
Please submit your application online (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5501-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland