The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 1900 people.
For the Solid State Chemistry Group of the Laboratory for Scientific Developments and Novel Materials (LDM) we are looking for a
Chemist / Physicist PhD
- Strategic and operational leadership of the Solid State Chemistry Group with around 8 scientists
- Conduction of a scientific program at the interface between solid state chemistry and solid state physics with a focus on single-crystal growth
- Acquisition of external project funding from national and international sources
- Initiation and maintenance of scientific collaborations
- Supervision of postdoctoral fellows and doctoral students
- PhD in chemistry or physics
- Internationally established scientist in the field of material synthesis of materials with novel electronic properties
- Experience to lead a small team of scientists
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Michel Kenzelmann, phone +41 56 310 53 81.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Group Leader (index no. 3602-00).
Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland