The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 1900 people.
For a research position in aerosol research we are looking for a
Source apportionment of organic particulate matter using long-term aerosol mass spectrometry measurements
- Statistical analysis of multiple data sets in Europe and worldwide using advanced factor analysis
- Responsible for the operation of the quadrupole and time-of-flight aerosol chemical speciation monitors
- Acquiring new datasets with the mentioned instruments (in India, Poland and others)
- PhD thesis will be issued at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Master in environmental science, chemistry, physics and/or mathematics
- Very good command of English
- Affinity for mathematics and programming
- Previous studies in atmospheric research is advantageous
- Previous experience with mass spectrometry and/or other instruments is/are beneficial
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prevot, phone +41 56 310 42 02.
Please submit your application online (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5501-00).
Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland