Head of Study Team Support
Head of Study Team Support
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
California, South San Francisco
England, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
The Study Team Support (STS) ensures that appropriate study-specific systems are set-up, tested and maintained to effectively and efficiently support PDG, PDG Systems and Process Excellence (SPE) and SPE Operations strategies, plans, goals and operations in the immediate-, medium- and longer-term. STS works cross-functionally across PDG, with PD, pRED, Information Technology (IT) and other Roche partners, as well as external vendor partners supporting the work of SPE, PDG or PD overall.
As Head of STS you will:
- Lead and drive Study Team Support activities within SPE by maintaining oversight of execution of work and deliverables across STS; proactively managing customers, key partners and stakeholders, through effective ongoing communication; being accountable for on-target, on-time and within-budget system implementation across sites in collaboration with IT and other partners as appropriate; being accountable for STS specific metrics and their continuous improvement
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to staff in STS by being accountable for appropriate resourcing decisions and staff assignment; leading recruitment and ensure appropriate induction of staff in the STS group; ensuring that the performance of staff is proactively managed and that they are trained and developed in order to maximize their contribution
- Manage the overall contribution of staff to ensure execution and delivery of all STS activities, ensuring they are delivered timely, effectively and to the right quality to meet both PDG and TA strategic goals
- Contribute to PDG SPE and SPE Operations by participating in SPE and SPE
- Operations level initiatives and managing the STS functional budget covering resources, service providers and all other costs
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a recognized leader with 8+ years of experience in areas relevant to clinical trials and with an outstanding grasp of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, and Roche's overall business operations.
In addition you bring:
- A proven track record of effective matrix management in a global organization and with virtual teams. Preferably with experience of working across diverse geographic areas, business settings and cultures
- Excellent networking and influencing skills to develop productive and trustful relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- The ability to apply conceptual thinking, analytical thinking & problem solving approaches to complex business challenges and decision making processes
- Experience of successfully managing multiple demands and projects simultaneously to time and quality, against tight deadlines and across functions
- An adaptable, creative, practical and assertive self-starter and motivator
- Excellent English language and good communication skills
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel | Ontario, Mississauga | California, South San Francisco | England, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Function Development
- Subfunction Clinical Operations
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Team Leader
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/10/07
- Job-ID 3240060939
Get in touch
Vetter, Mathieu+41 61 688 41 00
You could also like these jobs
Business ManagerSwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselBusiness ManagerSwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselBiomarker Operations Program LeaderSwitzerland, Basel-Town, Basel