International Strategic Insights Manager
International Strategic Insights Manager
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
In 2015, in order to support the strategic intent of the company to improve the lives of patients through personalized healthcare, Roche partnered with FMI (Foundation Medicine Inc), a company which specializes in using genetics to better understand the physiology of tumors. FMI has a portfolio of products which are at different stages of development. Roche is currently positioned as one of the market leaders in personalized healthcare and the relationship with Foundation Medicine will strengthen capabilities in this area. It is an exciting, new venture that fits with the company vision of “doing now what patients’ need next”.
To assist the launch of the Foundation Medicine portfolio, Roche has created a new International Strategic Insights Manager (SIM) role.
The successful applicant will help Roche identify new business opportunities as it launches a new molecular information service and identifies route to market for FMI’s portfolio of products. This role requires someone with strong strategic agility due to the differing business and commercial models between pharma and diagnostics, and the implications for product strategies need to be clearly understood. You will be expected to be a key driver in helping to incorporate FMI and work closely with teams across Roche to establish the best direction for your approach.
In your role as a strategic business partner, you will work within the Global Product Strategy department and collaborate across the organization to:
- Develop strategic insights and provide in-depth FMI product and marketplace analysis to drive decision making and assist affiliates in creation of long term forecasts
- Develop and execute insight plans (PMR and CI) working with external vendors to gather valuable insight directly from customers, be the voice of the customer, ensuring their viewpoint is accurately captured in market research and then incorporated into decision-making
- Develop KITs and KIQs and execute solid competitive intelligence projects which would involve primary and secondary data gathering
- Make recommendations to the organization about the best approach to insight generation and forecasting for Foundation Medicine portfolio of products and facilitate understanding within a team whilst being prepared to challenge and pressure-test assumptions
- Ensure an aligned view of the business across a diverse group of internal partners, stakeholders and senior management.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (preferably in science, engineering, or a business discipline) and an MBA or a graduate-level degree is a plus (Masters or PhD in life sciences or business preferably) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in business development, strategic consulting, portfolio management, competitive intelligence or other analytical work in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or diagnostics companies
- You have a proven track record of being proactive, finding your own solutions and influencing others as you work towards a common goal and you are entrepreneurial, seeking to innovate and explore new ways of working
- You are experienced in managing, analyzing and interpreting multiple data sources and then presenting the big picture
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to engage audiences at all levels of the organization, fluency in written and spoken English is a must
- Experience in oncology and diagnostics space is a big plus.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Sales & Marketing
- Subfunction Other Sales and Marketing
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/04/25
- Job-ID 3230133357
Get in touch
Baldinger, Domiique+ 41 61 687 9970
Work place: Basel
You could also like these jobs
Strategic Initiatives Manager in Pharma CEO OfficeSwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselInternational Portfolio LeaderSwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselSenior Industry & Portfolio Insights ManagerSwitzerland, Basel-Town, Basel