Disease Area Leader - Virology
Disease Area Leader - Virology
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Immmunology, Inflammation and Infectious Diseases Discovery and Translational Area (I3 DTA) of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development is seeking a highly accomplished Virology Disease Area Leader to join our Innovation Center located in Basel, Switzerland. This position reports to the Global Head, Infectious Diseases Discovery within the I3 DTA.
Specific responsibilities of the position are:
- Formulate our Virology Disease Area Strategies
- Lead a team of scientists to discover and develop our pipeline of novel antivirals
- Devise and implement the evaluation of new viral and host molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents of various modalities, e.g. small molecules and biologics.
- Coordinate with our Translational Medicine team to develop fully integrated drug discovery and development programs
- Collaborate effectively with scientists located at our Global sites
- Give presentations to all major stakeholders including senior management and scientific advisors, and also present at global scientific conferences
- Represent Roche to local and International authorities
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
A Ph.D/MD/PharmD degree in Virology or a related field along with 12-15 years post degree experience is required. Relevant experience in a Pharma, Biotech or Academic research environment is required.
- Scientific Innovator: Recognized by your peers for scientific excellence and innovation
- Expert in the field of Virology: Proven track record of scientific excellence as judged by high impact publications or compound development.
- Experience in area of virus-host interactions preferred.
- Goal-oriented with ability to think “outside the box”
- Scientific and strategic mindset
- Thrives on multidisciplinary team collaborations
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective group leadership skills
- Experience navigating in a complex matrix organization
- Well organized, Fluency in English is required
- Highly motivated to transform science into differentiated medicines to benefit patients
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Biology
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Manager with Direct Reports
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/09/20
- Job-ID 3240076829
You could also like these jobs
Student Internship in Neuroscience in vivo Electrophysiology (9 to 12 months)Switzerland, Basel-Town, BaselScientist, Ophthalmology (2 positions)Switzerland, Basel-Town, BaselDisease Area Leader - VirologySwitzerland, Basel-Town, Basel