Biospecimen Acquisition Manager
Biospecimen Acquisition Manager
Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
Biological samples serve as the foundation for research, development and validation of diagnostic test. Availability of specimens is a critical and often a "rate limiting" step in development, launch, and support of products. Accurate and timely acquiring of samples is critical.
Biospecimen Management function at Centralised and Point of Care Solutions (CPS) supports the acquiring and collection of biological samples used in CPS clinical development activities. The incumbent:
- Designs, writes and/or facilitates purchase requisitions, and collaborates with suppliers to acquire biological materials of interest to CPS's projects, in compliance with Good Clinical Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, Quality, and Business standards
- Manages projects and sub-projects; ensures detailed planning including suitable estimations
- Maintains a supplier database with supplier capability assessments. Engages suppliers to actively support CPS’s biological material/process requirements.
- Participates in Project Team Meetings and provides periodic updates on sample collection projects.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with team members within/across service locations to manage user requests and associated process requirements efficiently
- Maintains a self-managing, organized and detail-oriented disposition, with good writing, analytical, technical and interpersonal skills, to work with internal/external sample customers/sources and suppliers, such as, thought leaders and key customers in the medical community across the globe, while representing CPS in a professional manner
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role, you have the following qualifications:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You enjoy the challenge of managing projects and providing an important service to our Life Cycle Teams. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- BS/MS in biological discipline or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 10+ years experience in clinical trials, and an in-depth understanding of GCP and FDA regulations relative to specimen collections.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and adapt to change
- Ability to make and execute decisions and account for the result
- Management of complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances
- Organized and detail-oriented individual with writing, analytical, technical and interpersonal skills to work with sample sources such as, international investigators and key customers in the medical community
- Experience in a global, matrix environment desired
- Previous experience with biological material management, or clinical trial management, and working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices desired
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics’ main sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
- Function Medical Affairs
- Subfunction Project Management Medical Affairs
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Posted since 2016/12/07
- Job-ID 3237250045