Patent Formalities Officer
Patent Formalities Officer
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Global Patent Operations team is responsible for filing national, European and international patent applications, managing the Roche Pharma patent portfolio, and ensuring efficient and effective operation of all related processes. The Global Patent Operations team is also responsible for ensuring best practices are in place and that processes and procedures are implemented to meet the IP business requirements at Roche.
In this challenging position at the Roche Patent Department in Basel, you will take up a role as a Patent Formalities Officer in the Global Patent Operations team. You will be responsible to manage and maintain patent administration database and ensure fully accurate and current information. As well as producing and delivering routine and ad hoc reporting to ensure attorneys and agents are proactively informed of expirations, deadlines and other key matters affecting IP applications and protection of current IP. Your responsibilities comprise also the following aspects:
- Providing advice and service as well as acts as a key internal point-of-contact and subject matter expert on all matters relating to IP docketing administration
- Coordinates, enters and maintains docketing data relating to the filing, prosecution and patenting of inventions
- Manages timely completion of patent office due dates; performs weekly reviews and updates as well as manages patent annuities and coordinates with annuity service provider
- Stays abreast of evolving Patent Offices requirements to ensure proactive alignment of IP docketing Administration policies, procedures, processes, filing and other work standards
- Participates in various projects and initiatives to enhance or otherwise streamline Legal or departmental resources. Where requested, assists with on-boarding and training new staff members or other partners
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a Commercial diploma or equivalent education (Bachelor in relevant scientific field is a plus) and minimum 5 or more years of related work experience (paralegal, legal operations, business operations, project management) as well as minimum 2 years of biotech/pharma or related industry experience. In addition you bring the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations relating to patent filings, annuity payments and prosecution
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously; proactive, self-disciplined and able to work independently and in a team.
- Sound experience of both functional and biotech/pharma industry
- Completes standard work with limited guidance
- Fluent in written and verbal English, other languages are a plus
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Administrative Support
- Subfunction Administrative Assistance
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Corporate Administration
- Date 2016/08/10
- Job-ID 2787646441
Get in touch
Christine Müller+41 61 687 46 62
Work Location: Basel
You could also like these jobs
HR AssistantIndonesia, Jawa, Jakarta RayaAssistent/in Kundendienst und Marketing (50%)Schweiz, Zug, RotkreuzAssistant Development & Sucession Talent Management ManagerIndonesia, Jawa, Jakarta Raya