Project Team Leader - NORD
Project Team Leader - NORD
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Project Team Leader –NORD will act as the “General Manager” of a project or projects, which means assuming full accountability for the delivery of assigned project(s) (strategy & budget), maximizing its value for pRED and Roche within the programme‘s strategic context as agreed with eSPC. They will represent the best interests of the project and Roche by providing high quality strategic leadership to early global cross-functional disease area project teams within pRED. The PTL will define, lead, motivate, challenge and organize the global project team collectively and individually to define and execute a cutting-edge project strategy in accordance with its goals and budget. They will be aligned to the Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases DTA.
They will lead the project team in defining a clear vision, strategy, objectives and overarching plan, ensuring the incorporation of options according to the principles of time, cost and risk and addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs. To enable a seamless transition to Late Development by ensuring top quality input into the early development strategy from colleagues outside pRED, including clinical development, commercial, regulatory and safety colleagues. The PTL will provide critical, cross-functional input into disease area (and pRED ) strategy.
- Specifically accountable for the identification, prioritization and facilitation all key decisions associated with assigned projects
- Sets clear direction for the global early development strategy from CCS to POC, assuring deliverables are met for project transition to lifecycle
- Resolves critical issues that impact the value of the project
- Accountable for ensuring that all team members and functions are aligned behind the objectives of the team and inspires team to achieve challenging goals
- Interacts with functions to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated at the appropriate time and aligned with agreed plan. Escalates expediently if resource and budget impedes progress according to agreed plan
- Leads team to create and document an integrated early research and development project plan and secures agreement on transition plan for life cycle transition of project in direct
- Serves as the interface between the DTA (Discovery and Translational Area) and partner functions on project-related issues; builds effective cross-functional working relationships collaboration with DTA, discovery and pRED heads, and the eSPC
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
A PhD, MD, PharmD or equivalent experience and at least 8-10 years in the pharmaceutical industry with a broad cross-functional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, especially at early stages is required. Proven experience as successful decisive leader in strategic multi-functional environment and experience in challenging senior management in relation to science, data and resources is required.
- In depth knowledge of drug development, especially early stage
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scientific, technical, regulatory and business requirements for successful development projects
- Familiar with budget preparation/analysis and basic project management
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and managing multidisciplinary teams in a global, matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Early Development/ Translational Medicin
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Manager without Direct Reports
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/10/13
- Job-ID 3242926158
You could also like these jobs
Senior, Translational Medicine Leader (TML) - NeuroscienceSwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselTranslational Medicine Leader, OphthalmologySwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselProject Team Leader - NORDSwitzerland, Basel-Town, Basel