Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join the newly established NeuroImmunology Section in the Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Disease (NORD) Discovery and Translation Area (DTA) at Roche. The major focus of the NeuroImmunology Section is to strengthen our drug discovery capabilities and develop novel therapeutic modalities to treat inflammation- and aging-associated neurodegenerative diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, as well as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease. The successful candidate will work as laboratory head/project leader in an industry-leading Neuroscience department with an attractive portfolio of preclinical and clinical stage projects in neurodegeneration, psychiatry, and neurodevelopmental disorders. The position will be based in Basel, Switzerland. In this role, responsibilities will include:
- Lead a research team to investigate the pathological mechanisms associated with immune dysfunctions in chronic neurodegenerative conditions
- Establish in vitroand in vivomodels and technologies to study disease-relevant patho-physiologies and understanding the role of CNS resident and peripheral immune cells in modulating these processes
- Initiate new drug discovery projects and support established programs in our portfolio
- Work together with multidisciplinary project teams and functional groups within the NORD DTA and across the organization
- Build an external network with academic and biotech collaborators to drive our discovery projects forward
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are a Scientist, Postdoc or Junior Group Leader; have a PhD with postdoctoral training in neuroscience with a profound knowledge of molecular and pathological mechanisms of Multiple Sclerosis and/or aging-associated neurodegenerative brain disorders.
- You have experience in successfully leading a research laboratory, including supervising students and/or lab technicians, as well as leading research projects
- You are familiar with in vitroand in vivodisease models and state-of-the-art immunology, molecular biology, protein-biochemical and cell culture techniques, including assay development, immunocytochemistry as well as FACS/microscopy/imaging analysis
- You have experience in successfully leading a research laboratory, including supervising scientists and/or lab technicians, as well as leading research projects
- You have an outstanding record of accomplishments in exploring basic immune mechanisms in neurodegenerative diseases as reflected in your publications
- You have a good sense of urgency, are motivated, curious, flexible, and enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams
- You have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of German or French is helpful but optional
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Biology
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/06/28
- Job-ID 3232304554
You could also like these jobs
Disease Area Leader - VirologySwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselScientist, Ophthalmology (2 positions)Switzerland, Basel-Town, BaselStudent Internship in Neuroscience in vivo Electrophysiology (9 to 12 months)Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel