Intellectual Property Engineer
Intellectual Property Engineer
Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
For our team composed of IP Engineers working at different sites in the area of instruments and laboratory solutions for in-vitro diagnostic tests, we are looking for an Intellectual Property Engineer / Patent Engineer (IP).
In this position you will be responsible for supporting the team of IP engineers in administrative as well as patent content work. It is expected that you help increasing the efficiency and quality of the IP services requested by the Life Cycle Teams.
Please note that the role of an IP Engineer is not a function that aims at becoming a patent attorney. It does offer other challenging career paths though, such as Subject Matter Expert (SME), Technical Project Leader or Team Leader.
In this very challenging role, you will be responsible for following tasks and duties:
- Supporting the work of the IP engineering team to gain freedom to operate for our products
- Supporting the collaboration between the IP engineers by tracking the status of IP projects, patent assessments and monitoring activities
- Support the work on patent documents like preparing patent searches, reselection of patent documents according to their technical relevance with respect to a development project under the guidance of other IP engineers
- Actively participating in the organizational and administrative tasks of the team
- Instructing technical experts and project leaders on how to provide the deliverables according to established processes
- Providing reports from tools, assessing completeness and correctness of IP relevant data, providing the key performance indicators to the team
- Supports the IP Engineering team in Rotkreuz.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
The ideal candidate will bring following skills / experience:
- University degree in the area of Engineering, Information Technology or Technical Science e.g. Chemistry, Surface Sciences, Sensors, Microfluidics
- Laboratory experience in the area of clinical diagnostics is an advantage
- Experience in organizing the infrastructure and collaboration of teams
- High interest to act as an IP engineer
- Fluency in English and in German, additional Asian languages an advantage
- Good technical understanding, interest in patent issues, performing patent searches and pre-filtering of technical relevant information
- Strong pro-active communication skills with different stakeholders (patent department and R&D)
- User experience with databases, MS Office toolset and project management tools
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics’ main sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
- Function Engineering
- Subfunction Other Engineering
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Date 2016/09/02
- Job-ID 3235051912
Get in touch
E. Hanser+41 41 792 38 32
You could also like these jobs
Instrument Interface Manager, SequencingUnited States, California, PleasantonPlanning Manager - Pharma Technical CustomerUnited States, California, South San FranciscoManager EngineeringUnited States, California, Vacaville